Sunday, July 9, 2017

Back to beading and books

We are in the lull between the baby shower and baby arrival so I am catching up on my beading and books. How many books do you read at one time? If you look at my Goodreads shelf, it looks like I have reading ADD.

Paula's Goodreads Shelf

I have finished two of these books and just need to mark them as read. I usually have two or three books going at once. If you are a book lover and haven't found Goodreads yet, I would highly encourage you to visit. Not only do I find suggestions for many new books, I find the ratings are more accurate than Amazon which seems to love everything. Recording what I have read prevents me from buying the same book again and again - and yes, I have done that!

As far as beading, there is nothing too taxing: a pair of earrings and a pin idea I am playing with.

Interlace Pods Earrings Design: BronzePony Beaded Jewelry
Earrings are the perfect project to get the old beading muscles moving again and these are from a YouTube tutorial by Stephanie of BronzePony Beaded Jewelry.


The necklace is a yoga length based on an earlier tutorial I shared. I added the LOVE pendant by the Lipstick Ranch and think this will be perfect for my niece's birthday.

The rose on the right is an idea I am toying with to add beaded art to greeting cards. The design is from Diane Fitzgerald's The Beaded Garden and is just one of many delightful floral motifs. I thought it would be fun to include this as the centerpiece of a greeting card and will post the final result after I make the card.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads