Sunday, March 26, 2017

Swoon: metallic suede gold

It all started with this YouTube by Stephanie of BronzePony Beaded Jewelry. It calls for about 30 grams of mini duos which I did not have so off I went to order them. I order most of my beads online and I'm sure others can relate to the disappointment of something that looks very different in person than it does online. It's not because sellers intentionally steer you wrong, it's just the alchemy of small photos and computer pixels sometimes trip us up.

Summer Daze Necklace

I was so happy when the metallic suede gold beads I ordered were even better in person than they looked online. And even more so when I realized that the drops and 11/0's from my stash complemented them perfectly.


So off I went to start the project and I am so enamored with this color, I had to restrain myself from placing more orders.


Here's the finished necklace with earrings to match.


And, obsessive that I am, I started the matching bracelet that Stephanie posted last year. These designs are absolutely addictive, especially the bracelet which has a puzzle-like satisfaction when you connect the round daisy shapes.


And yes, I had to place another order to finish up the bracelet. Yay for metallic suede gold!











1 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

what a gorgeous pattern! and you've beaded it up perfectly - I do love that color you're working with!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads