Saturday, March 18, 2017

My beady St. Patty's Day

I was not among the revelers drinking green beer or other similarly-colored libations yesterday. Instead, I took a break from one beading project to try another one. I really need to stay away from YouTube for awhile because it sure doesn't help my beader's ADD when I see project after project I want to try. I came across this tutorial by Spoiled Rotten Beads for a yoga necklace. Now I haven't done yoga for years but I loved the look of the necklace - especially the cute little tassel.

Spoiled Rotten Beads Yoga Necklace Tutorial

And they even have another tutorial that tells you how to make the tassels. Since green was the color of the day, I grabbed some green cord and made these tassels.


Then I remembered that one of my shipments from Bargain Bead Box had some perfect little St. Patrick's Day charms.


And


The design uses knotting between the beads so it gave me a chance to use my knotting tool. And here is the finished necklace. The tutorial suggests that you make the beaded portion about 30 inches and, as I was making it, that seemed a little longer than I wanted, so I made mine about 23 inches. I should have followed the instructions because a little more length would have been ok but it looks just dandy and it gave me a chance to use some beads and charms that were languishing in my stash.

St. Patty's Day Yoga Style Necklace







2 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
Love the St. Patty's Day Yoga style necklace. I see these type of necklaces everywhere, but I have not tried to make one yet.
Therese

Amy S. said...

This is just fantastic!!! My blood runs a bit Irish and I would have definitely worn this on St. Patty's day!! (And you made me giggle with your remark about your beading ADD!)

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads