Friday, February 24, 2017

Simpatico with Pantone's Greenery

I had a moment of delight opening my Beading Daily email this morning to read about the Pantone Greenery color palette for 2017. I usually gravitate to a certain bead palette and am not typically governed by each season's changes. However, for once I am completely simpatico with Pantone's Greenery palette. In fact, it feels like most things I have made this year so far have been somewhere in this spectrum.

Beading Daily Features Pantone's Greenery

Actually, the green in the below ring is more olivine than those in the Greenery palette but I included it anyway since I really love the design by Stephanie at BronzePony Beaded Jewelry.


Here's another of her designs, which I whipped up in no time: the Interlace Band ring. This one is great on a middle finger but I had a terrible time trying to photograph my own hand! Clearly, I will never be a hand model but this gives you an idea. And, thanks to Photoshop, I removed the age spots on my hands. Wish it were that easy in real life!

Interlace Band Ring, Design by Bronzepony Beaded Jewelry
But here's the green that really reminded me of the Pantone palette. This design is by Lisa Kan from the December 2016/January 2017 Beadwork Magazine. Lisa's designs are beautiful but usually a little fussy for me. A beading buddy was working on it and requested my thoughts about the pendant bezel which is made from cubic right angle weave - a bit tricky. In fact this entire pendant is not for the feint of heart. The design wasn't graded for difficulty but I would say it is definitely an intermediate-level one. 

Lisa Kan's Radiance Necklace Design

Do you have any Greenery designs on your bead board this month?

2 comments:

Amy S. said...

Paula! I wish we lived closer because every time I read your blog I feel like you are someone I would totally hang out with! :) And on that note let me just say I am SO WITH YOU on this year's gorgeous Pantone color of the year. And also so with you on wishing life was as easy to change as it is on photoshop!!!! Love your ring and the pendant. Your hand is wonderful as well. I encourage you to love your beautiful-art-creating-hand!!!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
Green I love that color all hues of the color. You did a great job of using Pantone's color pallet, even though those items were made before the color pallet was made. Photo Shop is our friend.
Therese

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads