Friday, February 17, 2017

Rings, rings and earrings

Quick hit beading projects are the best. You get the satisfaction of finishing a project and a fun item to give as a gift or wear that same day. Aside from my engagement and wedding rings, I have never been much of a ring-wearer but recently have gravitated to wearing beaded rings. I thought I would share a few of those designs with you.

The cabochon ring is an embellished dichroic cabochon on a peyote stitch band. The gold and blue ring was from a design by Catharina Thomas, featured in The Beader's Handbook. You can easily make the embellished round into earrings.


That's why I really enjoy so many of the tutorials by Stephanie of BronzePony Beaded Jewelry. She's one of my favorite YouTube personalities and her tutorials are always well done and accessible. I really went to town last week-end making her Summer Daze earring design. I am a super duo addict to begin with so these were right up my alley.

Summer Daze Design by Stephanie at BronzePony Beaded Jewelry
The earrings on the left are a different design based on a project on Linda's Crafty Inspirations blog. I added the Swarovski scarab drops which I recently discovered.

Stephanie also offered a ring tutorial to complement the Summer Daze earring designs. This makes up even faster than the earrings and would be a really cute project to do with my nieces. I love the way she uses the super duos to make the band - very clever!


And here's a final ring. This is part of the Blossoms set by Melanie Potter, a kit I purchased in 2013. I had it so long, I lost the instructions and had to write to Melanie requesting another copy. It must be a popular item because it is still in stock and I am linking to it in the photo below if you are interested.


Here's the photo of Melanie's kit with a link to her web store in the caption.

Kit available on School of Beadwork

The bracelet is almost finished but I want to do a wrist measurement for my giftee so I will post that later. Meantime, find some fun earring and ring designs and have a blast!




2 comments:

baili said...

these are absolutely marvelous and elegant .
thank you for sharing this gorgeous art and collection friend!

Amy S. said...

Hi Paula! Don't mind me while I comment on f a few of your posts that I"m catching up on!!! I am so jealous of your Tuscon trip!! That is definitely on my bucket list, along with the Milwaukee B&B show. All your goodies look amazing and I can't wait to see them make an appearance on your blog. Love the heart pendant! I, for one, can't seem to get on the superduo kick!!! I feel like they are so wonky. And as I complain about it I totally feel like I'm acting like an ol' curmudgeon! But that said, I LOVE those Summer Daze earrings. You really did go to town. I have a stash of super duos that are collecting dust so perhaps it is time to try them out with this tutorial. Thanks for the tip! And i love your rings!!!! I couldn't agree more with your comment about "quick hit" beading projects. Whenever I'm in a slump I just force myself to make a pair of earrings. Just the process of selecting colors and finishes and then the quick results....well, it works wonders!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads