Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Have a heart (I know, it's corny)

Last January I wrote about discovering a tutorial to make super duo hearts. I made those hearts many times for various projects like the one shown here.


And, with Valentine's Day right around the corner, I looked through my heart patterns and decided this is still one of my favorites. The YouTube tutorial by VALENTINAoOo [sic] is in Italian and I had to listen to it about 20 times to get the thread path. So I made the below crib notes to help guide me.


Now beware if you decide to follow my notes - they are not a full tutorial and only serve to guide me through the first couple rows until my memory for the design takes over.

I wanted to make some heart charms to send as little Valentine surprises and I found just the right color of red super duos in Tucson last week-end. I changed them up by adding a round-ish component at the top to serve as a spot for a jump ring or bail. These reminded me of the sacred Mexican heart images so I refer to them as my sacred super duo hearts.



Here's a close-up of the modified design. You can see where I joined the top connector to the heart. I probably should have used crystal Fireline to make the join but at least it's easier to see with the darker Fireline below.


And here's how it looks as a book bag charm.







1 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

these are so cute! I have absolutely no idea how to use my super duos. I know it can't be that hard, but they kind of scare me!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads