Friday, January 6, 2017

Loving beaded bead caps

I first wrote about these clever beaded bead caps last year when I was looking for caps to complement this bead crochet bangle.

Blog post about this bangle

I stumbled across this tutorial online and, while written in Russian (I think), the design is quite easy to follow. I especially like that it uses super duos since it's nice to have findings that carry on the same bead types from the main design.

This necklace is one of my favorite designs for an all-purpose but very pretty rope. The designer is Kristen Stevens and her tutorial was published on the Art Jewelry Elements blog in July 2015. I have made this rope so many times I have lost count! Here it is with a finish using a bead to end the rope and connect to the clasp.

Rope design by Kristen Stevens on Art Jewelry Elements

I wanted the ending to carry on the super duos used in the rope so in my next version, I made these bead caps. All you need is a handful of super duos and some 11/0 seed beads.


Here's a close up of the bead cap once it's connected to the rope.


And here's the design all put together.









2 comments:

Amy S. said...

Hi Paula! I really love hose beaded bead caps too! They really make a piece look super polished! Your Steelers necklace is fantastic as well (even if I am a Pats fan!!!! ;) )

AntiquityTravelers said...

Love this Paula! the beadcap is so clever, and the necklace and bracelet are beautiful beadwork!!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads