Friday, September 2, 2016

Necklaces and a milestone

I love Jill Wiseman's designs and seem to return to my favorites time and again. Like the Dewdrop Spiral design shown below with a pendant I found on Etsy.


The rope is pretty basic - a spiral - but the pretty comes in when each little spiral is embellished with a contrasting row of peyote. It's time-consuming but well worth it.

Next up is something a bit more basic. I had this varigated rattail in my stash along with a kimihimo disk purchased a couple years ago. I decided to pair it with a pretty turquoise stone. Normally the pendant would take center stage but the vibrant colors on the rope made it an eye-catcher.


And last up is probably the most beautiful cake on the planet, except for the milestone #!


Last week-end, my family spoiled me with an early birthday celebration and this cake was one of the highlights! Not only is the Arizona theme perfect but it was a triple chocolate threat so how can that be bad? I have to give a shout-out to my brother and sis-in-law, Pam, who introduced me to this fantastic bakery: Jennuine Bakery in Murrysville, PA, owned by Jennifer and Mike D'Ascenzo. If you are ever in the neighborhood and in need of a gorgeous baked confection, this is the place to be! It makes a milestone like 60 pretty sweet.

And speaking of sweet, one of my nieces also celebrates a birthday around this time of year and I wanted to give her a special shout out. Here we are together at a family wedding this summer. She is my crafting partner and a pretty special girl. Happy birthday, Josie!




1 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

Beautiful beadwork as always ... and a very happy birthday to you! that is such a great looking cake

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads