Friday, August 19, 2016

Beady purchases

Earlier this month, I attended the Art Unraveled Art Retreat Expo in Phoenix. I would have loved to take some of the classes but I am so busy at work it was impossible to fit in some vacation days but what a terrific line-up of teachers! I was especially interested in Laurie Mika, Jen Cushman, Roxanne Evans Stout and Susan Lenart Kazmer. I had to content myself with attending the Shopping Extravaganza on Saturday. Extravaganza is a bit of an exaggeration as the show floor was a modest size but I still found some great items.

Here's my favorite - a fabulous hand-painted Frida Khalo pillow by Olive Rose. I just love the quote, "At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can." Olive Rose has some adorable kitty creatures so cat lovers might want to check out the web site.


You might remember my love for all things Frida from a blog post several years ago where I shared a photo of my Frida chair.


I did pick up a couple packets of assorted bead shapes for embroidery, some buttons (which you always need) and some gorgeous blue glass flowers.


And when I returned home, I found another package awaiting with some purchases I had made on The Lipstick Ranch site a couple days earlier. I discovered this wonderful artist a couple years ago at Tucson and have been purchasing rustic pendants and charms from her ever since. If you're interested, you can read about their background and how they operate their mom and pop business from their dairy farm, which makes me love their products even more. Anyhoo -- here's my latest purchase:

Wonderful rustic pendants from The Lipstick Ranch
Now I need to get busy putting my new purchases to work!


1 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

looks like fun! thanks for the link - I had not heard of these guys before

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads