Saturday, July 16, 2016

Doctor Sweet Niece

How is it possible that this precious baby has turned into an accomplished young woman who just earned her Psy.D. from Duquense University? Pardon the time out for bragging but she is my god-daughter so that should cover it.



It's no surprise since hard work and striving are just what she does. Here she is running in the Pittsburgh Marathon.


So to commemorate her doctorate and her move to begin a new job, I made the below embellished wall art.

We can do hard things

I first saw this quote at my brother's house where it is on a plaque over the kitchen sink and serves as a daily reminder to his five children. How perfect. So it seemed even more perfect to mark such a terrific accomplishment.

I edited the picture on Photoshop using a technique from Linda Matthews who has a terrific web site called the Creative Cloth. After transferring to fabric using Artist Transfer Paper, I stitched it to a piece of cloth I had quilted, then added some ribbon embellishment, the beaded heart and cloth flower.

3 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

so very thoughtful. it is amazing to think back on when they were young. I send my oldest daughter off to college in a month and I am going through so many moments where all the memories come flooding in

Pam said...

Hey! That's my kitchen quote!

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Yes it is! I just love it.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads