Friday, February 12, 2016

Pretty in pink

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I was inspired by this Facebook cover from Rita at the Coffeeshop Blog. I dropped in three of my recent pink pieces: beautiful boho earrings on the left, peyote hearts in the middle and a spinning orbit focal on the right. Rita sends out new goody alerts almost every day (for free!) and has some great Valentines-theme items.


The beautiful boho earrings are just two necklace components stitched together with a coin bead on top that I glued to a 10mm disc earring post. I featured the peyote hearts in a post from last month, if you want to read more about how to make these.

The spinning orbit focal is part of the collection of samples I made for my niece, Mariah, who is getting married later this year. I wasn't sure how I felt about the design but thought it came out wonderfully with the seed beads from Mariah's wedding palette. I think it would even be great with a less-fussy focal.


This is a design by Cary Bruner from the October 2015 Bead&Button.


I hope you have some fun Valentine's plans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads