Sunday, May 3, 2015

Earring Palooza

Earrings are a great project to give you the satisfaction of finishing with a reasonable time investment. Usually when I find a pattern I like, I go on a tear making multiple sets for myself and to give as gifts. Earrings have become my go-to hostess gift and look very festive attached to a nice bottle of wine.

Here are some of my recent earring projects.

Paisley Drops - Design by Jane Lock in August/September Beadwork 2010

Heliotrope Earrings - Design by Reem Iversen from Beadwork's Favorite Bead Stitches 2015
The engineering of this design is a marvel. Often, stitched earrings can be a bit flimsy but these are dimensional and substantial. This is one of my favorites - ever.

More Heliotrope and a Holiday Bonus Pattern from Ellad2

The last set on the lower right was a free holiday pattern offered by Ellad2, one of my all-time favorite designers. She has an Etsy store and her own web site and I can spend hours getting inspiration from her work. She is so generous with her copyright permissions which allow you to sell her designs as long as they are not mass produced.

Floral Swirl Earrings -- Design by Cheryl Erickson from Beadwork June/July 2014

I have always marveled at artists who make their own findings and resolved to learn the basics this year. I signed up for a Craftsy class by Lisa Niven Kelly and here is my first set of earring findings. By the way, I am not being paid to mention Craftsy but I've seen lots of different sources for online classes and I think Craftsy is a wonderful option. I have taken four classes so far, the instructors are great and prices are very reasonable. They often have specials and once you sign up, you are notified of flash sales which offer classes at even lower prices. Best yet, you don't have to pay for a monthly subscription. I have enough of those already!

Craftsy: Make Your Own Wirework Findings





2 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

Now you have me wanting to sift through my back issues to find these patterns! Really beautiful series of earrings here! Not sure I could pick a fav as I love them all!

Amy S. said...

Paula! I couldn't agree with you more and I have a handful of earrings I've made over the last few weeks that I've been meaning to get posted!!! It seems that's all I have time to make any more!
I love all these sets of earrings. And thanks for the reference on where the patterns came from. Great work and color ways on all of them!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads