Saturday, May 30, 2015

Creating with Cabochons May 2015

Have I mentioned how much I love cabochons? I know I sound like a broken record. But there is something so enticing about their simplicity where you start with a very basic shape, usually round, and then just listen to the beads as you build your piece.


Thank you, Sally for hosting us for this fun challenge. I made three designs and the first was inspired by you in the Make A Statement challenge from February this year. In that piece, Sally used Super Duos to build a gorgeous pendant. I went in search of similar patterns and got lucky with one of my favorite designers: Ellad2 with her Eau De Source design. Since we are featuring cabochons, I replaced the rivoli in the design with this sweet cabochon from my stash.


For the neck strap, I embellished cubic right angle weave.


I went a little boho with my second piece and used a pendant created by Andrew Thornton as my cab. I attached it to a flat turkish bead crochet bracelet and embellished a simple cab surround.



The last piece is my favorite. I love creating these Cabochon Creatures and here I present Connie Cocktail!

Connie Cocktail and Pet Kitty!

Here's Connie "before" I dressed her:


And here's Connie from behind!


Thanks, again, Sally for sponsoring our cab fix. Here are links to the other wonderful participants in our challenge:






10 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
I love your creations! Your bead weaving skills never cease to amaze me. The first necklace and pendant would look beautiful with a cute light weight summer dress. The cuff is awesome and would look good dressed up or down I love the Boho look. Connie Cocktail is my kind of woman sassy with her pink flower in her hair and a martini in her hands love her.
Therese

Terri said...

Oh my goodness ..I just adore your bead work! From classy and classic to whimsy and fun! You did an awesome job with your cabochons!

Veralynne Malone said...

Wow what stunning pieces! I love the first one, but I love, love, love Miss Connie and her kitty. That is a really fun piece! Thanks for posting.

Sandi Volpe said...

Such a great variety of styles, beautiful and fun bead work.

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

So beautiful...I am in particularly in love with that green necklace with that stunning cab! Connie Cocktail...ADORABLE!

Karin G said...

This is just so amazing, you created such diverse, unique and creative pieces showing your talent and the infinite possibilities of cabochons. I couldn't choose a favorite, I love them all!

AntiquityTravelers said...

What a collection! I absolutely live that first piece! It is stunning. Such lovely bead work. Each piece is a statement and wonderful !

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Paula, wonderful creative designs. All three are so different and unique. My favorite is the necklace. Connie Cocktail is adorable.

Sally Russick said...

Paula, Connie Cocktail is great!!!!! What a wonderful whimsical design!!!
Each one of your pieces is beautiful. And the intricate design that the superduos make is STUNNING!!! Oh, and that boho bracelet is right up my alley! Looks so comfy. Please let me know if it's for sale.

gloria allen said...

Love the uniqueness (is that a word, lol) of your style. That cab with the right angle rope and clasp, omg just fabulous.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads