Friday, February 6, 2015

Fifteen Days of Photos: Days 1-5

Thanks to Sally for inspiring us to snap and smile. Without further ado:

Day 1: Reflection
The song should say, "It never rains in Arizona - except on Super Bowl week!" I felt sorry for the thousands of football fans who thought they were escaping cold, gray weather only to visit - er - cold, gray weather. We locals sure enjoyed it though and here is a look at the rain reflecting a happy tune in our pool.

Day 2: Wrapping
Here I refer to wrapping part of my daughter-in-law's birthday gift. I made her this sweet kitty bracelet, since she is a cat-lover like her Mom-In-Law.

Day 3: Kitchen Ritual
It has been one year since I have adopted a paleo food plan. I give a shout-out to Rita from The Coffeeshop Blog who first introduced me to the Whole30 which is an introduction period where you limit your foods to meat, vegetables, certain nuts, certain fats and fruit. That's it. And it is the best change I have ever made but does require a commitment to shopping and cooking. Here you see my groceries from a recent shopping trip.

Day 4: Paper
Here's the wrapping paper mentioned in Day 2 - the gift wrapped for my daughter-in-law. You also get a little peek at the repetitive pattern, which takes us into the theme for Day 5.


Day 5: Repetitive Pattern
For repetitive pattern, we have the wrapping paper above but also something very cool I was able to capture last night. Here you see the pattern created by the decorative stones in our front yard. Even better is the triumvirate of javelinas that come to visit most evenings. They are such curious creatures - like porcupines on legs! It was tricky to get the light just right without spooking them so I drew a rectangle pattern around each one so you could find them more easily.


Let's see how our other correspondents spent Days 1-5.

12 comments:

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

I'm always fascinated by the creatures that come out to play whenever I visit my mother in law in Tucson.

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Wow - love your kitchen ritual. I wish I could be that dedicated!
Thanks for sharing the pics of the animals - I don't think I would have seen them without the boxes around them :)

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
Love your photos, especially the last one. I will be posting later this afternoon when I get home.
Therese

Karin G said...

Great photos, I love the colorful vegetables and the strange creatures visiting your front yard!

Kim said...

Great photos, I especially love the first one, it looks so peaceful and the last one because those are some cool looking visitors!

AntiquityTravelers said...

that made me giggle .... I remember that song, and you're right I think we were all quite surprised it was raining for the superbowl!

Sally Russick said...

Wonderful photos Paula!! I love the triumvirate of javelinas, what an interesting animal. And the intricate wrapping of the bracelet you made is amazing. Beautifully done!! Thank you so much for participating!!

Niky Sayers said...

What lovely photos, I have never seen a javelina before and your garden is beautiful, what amazing cacti!

Beti Horvath said...

Love seeing your pictures again, Paula! How ironic to have to deal with rain in Arizona! Oh well, it makes for a great picture! And I love your little bracelet, how cute. Great job with the first five!

Amy S. said...

Paula! These are great!! I was thinking about doing this one, and was a little bummed that I didn't, but frankly, it's just as fun to get to visit everyone's blogs to see what they came up with. I would die of happiness to see those crazy looking creatures, the javelinas!!! Awesome.

Veralynne Malone said...

Great shots Paula! I really love your bracelet! And I have never even heard of javelinas.....but they are cute in the pictures....

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

I enjoyed seeing your week through images! The first photo is especially intriguing. I'll have to say, I could never do the "whole 30" without chocolate! ;) I have never heard of or seen a javelinas before-wow! Thanks for the visual journey.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads