Saturday, December 20, 2014

Focus on Life Week 51: Ornate/Ornament

Each year, I select a design for ornaments I make for gift-giving. This year, I picked a Cellini spiral that can be adorned in many different ways - with bottom fringe or by adding a bauble which in my case was for our favorite sporting teams.



For the Steeler and Pitt ornaments, I made the bauble by disassembling earrings and gluing the decorative component together.



Wishing you and your loved ones a most joyous holiday!

Let's do some ornament-hopping through our other neighborhoods:


4 comments:

Beti Horvath said...

Sweet ornaments! They must look lovely hanging on a tree... or in a window!

elisabeth said...

Wow - what a great idea - repurposing earrings into charms. And your spirals are really wonderful!

Islandgirl said...

They look great! I'm sure all the trees that get one will be very happy! Was too pissed off yesterday afternoon after wasting the entire morning my hacked blog back... to spend anymore time looking at 'blogs' gather it's a seasonal thing random blogs hacked every year at Christmas.... Hope you have a wonderful holiday Our forecast is for 50 and rain... not terribly seasonal!

Sally Russick said...

How can you not like a Steelers ornament!!! Wow, Paula that was quite an undertaken using cellini stitch (at least it would of been for me!). The ornaments turned out great!!! Perfect spirals!!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads