Saturday, November 15, 2014

Focus on Life Week 46: Faithful

What a lovely theme for this week's challenge! Many of the same thoughts probably occurred to all of us: faith in our spouses, our faith in a supreme being, faith in each other.

What came to my mind is one of the things I like most about living in the Southwest: the religious art and artifacts. A small store just up the street carries a variety of Mexican art and one of my favorite artists is Hector Rascos, who carves primitive wooden crucifixes which are delivered just once each year right before the holiday season begins.

Here's the one I bought in 2010. 



Let's take a look at some other faithful images.

4 comments:

Alice said...

What a beautiful piece of art.

Beti Horvath said...

Wonderful piece! Love the use of natural materials.

Annette said...

That's beautiful!

Islandgirl said...

Love buying handmade local (original) art. Whenever I look at it I remember where I bought it.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads