Friday, October 17, 2014

Focus on Life Week 42: The Color of Evening (Golden Hour)

The golden hours are my favorite time of day in Arizona. The contrast between shadows and light is so pronounced and seems to bring more drama to the landscape. But the golden hours are wonderful in the East too, especially in the Fall as they accent the magnificence of the changing leaves. I was visiting my sister and photographed her children playing in the leaves right before she called them in for the evening.


I just missed that period right before twilight so I used Picasa to give the photo a little golden boost.


Let's take a look at some more golden hours.



7 comments:

Beti Horvath said...

I thought about trying some tricks in my camera, but as it turned out, I was able to grab some golden hour pictures!

Claire said...

There's something magical about playing with fallen leaves... gorgeous photos :)

Alice said...

Lots of color! I love how you made your own golden hour.

Karin G said...

Fun picture, and the effect you added gives it a lovely, warm and golden glow.

thewovenspoke said...

Nice shot and like the effects .

Sylvia said...

Paula, What a great picture of kids having fun! Thanks. Sylvia

Veralynne Malone said...

Awesome shot Paula....I love how the gold accents the rest of the picture!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads