Friday, September 12, 2014

Focus on Life Week 37: Simplicity (Windows)

I was looking through photos to see if I had taken any interesting ones with windows lately and stumbled upon this taken in 2005 when we visited New York. We made our way to the site of the World Trade Center where this was the view for so many years before the new structure had taken shape. The scaffolding around the site created a window-like framework through which we peered.



There is a new memorial today but during our visit, these plaques with the names of the fallen and a solitary vase of flowers brought tears to our eyes.


And here's what's happening in our other window views this week:


8 comments:

Beti Horvath said...

What a sweet shot of the flowers. Reminded me of my first look at what we used to call Ground Zero. Nice.

Claire said...

It is a powerful shot of a powerful place - no-one will forget what they were doing that day...

Islandgirl said...

Think that's about when I was in NYC too... remember that view.

Alice said...

What a great reminder of these fallen buildings.

Mary K. McGraw said...

What an appropriate post for this week of the 13th anniversary of the attack.

Annette said...

Wow, a very poignant reminder of that day. It's a great shot.

Veralynne Malone said...

Great photos. I would say NY has "windows" I was in NY the summer of 2001 and was up in the twin towers. It killed me when 9/11 occurred. Some where in my photo albums I have pictures of the twin towers. Thanks for the reminder, so great at this time of year. It is hard to think it has been 13 years....Great post.

Karin G said...

Very impressive and powerful shot!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads