Friday, September 5, 2014

Focus on Life Week 36: Simplicity

Well, the door I came up with certainly looks odd this time of year. This is from our place in Pennsylvania during our first winter after we bought it. No, we didn't have second thoughts!



But Sally's theme of simplicity made me think of a recent project. I think the shape of a cross is both simple and complex with the meaning we bring to it. And maybe it is a doorway of sorts. That's why I loved this pattern by Juelles Designs that I found on Etsy earlier this year. Here is my version of it, which I backed with ultrasuede and embellished with the spirit charm. Julie designed this to be a pendant but my additions of backing and ring at the top make it more of wall adornment.





Thanks to Julie, the creator who developed this design for her mother-in-law and gave me permission to share my version with you. If you like the pattern, I have provided the screen shot and link from Etsy. 

Charlcie's Cross by Juelles Designs

Let's see the other renderings of simplicity for this week.

9 comments:

Islandgirl said...

Four years ago we lost the front door of our house one winter and since it opens out it wasn't happening! I am not looking forward to winter!

Alice said...

As hot as it was here yesterday I would have welcomed a bit of snow. I love that beaded cross and your take on this weeks challenge.

Claire said...

It's been many years since I've seen that amount of snow in the UK... Love your beautiful, rich cross - just gorgeous!

Claire said...

It's been many years since I've seen that amount of snow in the UK... Love your beautiful, rich cross - just gorgeous!

Amy S. said...

An absolutely stunning beaded cross!!
And I love the door pic with the snow!! I saw a lot of that last winter here in New England!

Mary K. McGraw said...

That was an interesting interpretation of "A Door" and opens the minds to so many interpretation. Beautiful beadwork.

Beti Horvath said...

I know that we will be seeing the white stuff soon enough, but seeing it through your door makes it feel inviting on this hot, humid day!

Shel said...

Lots of snow!! I remember shoveling all that white stuff just to get the car out of the drive to go to work,....I'm so glad I live in the desert now! But, with our temps of late here in the desert, some of that would be kinda nice! LOL! Your cross is beautiful and such a lovely take on 'a door' and our monthly theme of Simplicity - very fitting indeed!

Veralynne Malone said...

Ohhh the snow....I would love to "visit" the north during that time to enjoy the joy of snow...though I don't know if I could live with it permanently. BUT the cross...how stunning...I love the color and your thoughts on it being a "door" Truly magical! Thanks for posting!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads