Friday, August 8, 2014

Focus on Life Week 32: Fresh Air

Sally has encouraged us to get outside for this week's theme. Well, it's not such a pleasant experience here in the summer desert as you can see from the average temperature chart below.

Phoenix Temp Graph Courtesy of Weather.com

But, I did have a great time outside last week-end when I attended my high school reunion in Pennsylvania. It was the first one I attended since graduating oh so many years ago and thought I would share our group photo. No, the photographer didn't goof by not focusing. I purposely blurred everyone but me since I wasn't sure how thrilled all my classmates would be to be to find themselves on the pages of my blog. Can you find me? Our senior class was a modest-sized 200-ish students and 46 of us attended this reunion.


The best part was spending extra time with four of my lifelong friends who all traveled in from their far-flung locations. We all had a giggle at this sign for a local business. We agreed it was a great depiction of the past and present altogether in one advertisement!



I was on the fence about attending but am so, so glad I did.

Now let's see what everyone else is doing outside.

8 comments:

Annette said...

What a great photo of all of you...very picturesque! The sign cracks me up!

Its All About Creating said...

What a great turnout! Sounds like you had a great time re-connecting. Now, back to the heat.

Claire said...

What a wonderful reunion and that's a fair few who made the trip! Hope you can manage to keep cool in those temps!!

Beti Horvath said...

Great pictures...but then I think I would have liked any desert pictures you chose to show us!

Islandgirl said...

Yes your right in the middle of the middle row... I haven't been to a high school grad yet.. not sure there have been any but this would have been 40th if there had been one! I'm all for heat. At least this week we've had more sun than fog! Glad you had a good time!

Alice said...

How fun! You had a large class and I'm amazed how many attended. I live in a small rural town where we see most of our classmates every day the reunions are mostly for the out of towners. Great photo!!

Shel said...

Great shots! Love how you blurred everyone (nice of you, just in case - like you said) and my how green and beautiful it looks there in PA - different from what's here in the desert right now (although our rains have 'greened' things up a bit this summer). I love that sign!! Awesome. Glad you went back and had fun!

Veralynne Malone said...

How fun! My highschool closed years ago...so nobody really has put on one....but I know they are fun....great shot! And I bet it was fun to be with old friends again!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads