Friday, August 1, 2014

Focus on Life Week 31: Outside the Box

Someone was thinking outside the box when they brought home this pet! I can just hear the conversation now. "Yes, honey, I think a camel would make a wonderful pet. I think he would really love the dry heat."


Imagine my surprise the first time I saw him. (I am assuming it's a him but would encourage any camel experts to clarify the gender.) I was driving to our friend's house and had to stop the car and back up just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. I guess he enjoys shrubbery!


Here he seems to be saying, "What chu lookin' at?"


No offense, Mister Camel, but I think I will keep my kitties.

Let's see what other fun surprises await us outside the box this week.

5 comments:

Beti Horvath said...

Camels in the desert? What a wonderful idea!

Claire said...

Wouldn't be my first choice, I agree! Let's hope he's a docile fella - they can have the reputation of bad tempers...
Happy Saturday :)

Islandgirl said...

Maybe they think they are going to give camel rides to gullible tourists? I'll keep my cats too... Although I do have unwanted deer as well..... Actually I thought giraffe when I saw the thumb nail!

Shel said...

Oh my gosh!! I know we live in a desert and he's (or she's) a desert rat like us,...but I would have had to back the car up in disbelief as well!! I'm thinking that's way outta the 'box' but even more so,...where'd they get him??!! And why? Maybe he's the 'old guy' from the zoo all the kids used to ride,...remember that??

Alice said...

How cute is that camel! But I don't blame you for not bringing him home.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads