Friday, July 18, 2014

Focus on Life Week 29: Celebrate Sweetness

OK - confession. I gave up sugar in February so when Sally encouraged us to celebrate sweetness this week, I started to develop some serious cravings. Instead of indulging, I looked back through my photo library for inspiration and realized that I am a helpless Cake Snapper! What may you ask is a Cake Snapper? That is the bizarre person who, no matter what the cake or occasion, has to take a picture of it. Here I present to you my cake snapping for the past several months in no particular order.


Here we have our son's birthday cake, celebrated as we do most years, at the Pitt football game that aligns with his birthday. Section 211 is our section in Pitt Stadium and has some of the best football fans ever.


Next we have my birthday cake last year made by a colleague at work who is also a certified pastry chef. This cake tasted even better than it looked.


OK - now I feel really spoiled: another birthday cake for me - also for last year - from my Steeler football fan friends. We watch all the games together at our favorite watering hole here in Cave Creek. Is it any wonder I had to give up sugar?



Here's the cake from a birthday party we hosted for five of our nephews who all celebrate birthdays in the fall. We took them to neon bowling and served up a delectable menu of pizza and cake.



I'm cheating a bit on this cake which was from my brother's 50th birthday party a couple years ago. I use it because you see it's one of those cute photo cakes and I wanted to close with the adorable photo that is somewhat hidden beneath all those candles.




Here he is at age 1 - sweetness personified, I think!

Let's see what other sweet goodies our friends are showing off this week.

10 comments:

Claire said...

Wow, what exquisite cakes!! Too beautiful to cut into, surely?? I have pics of both kids in their highchairs covered in chocolate - it's a must photo op, isn't it?

Islandgirl said...

I would be embarrassed to post any cake I made online... I am icing challenged! The final picture is sweet although the cake appears to say 50 on it not 1.....

Alice said...

That's so funny! I love that you like to snap photos of cakes. There are much worse things......

Mary K. McGraw said...

I gave up sugar at least a year and a half ago. But really enjoyed seeing all those snapped birthday cakes and the picture of your brother is priceless.

Cindy Pack said...

Wow! That is a lot of cake! Great decorations! They surely do invoke the celebrations and memories, yes? :-D

Beti Horvath said...

Great Cake Memories! My daughter works in a supermarket bakery department... I think she would be horrified at the candles all over your brother's edible image! (I won't show her!)

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

LOL - I can imagine. Your daughter must get some interesting orders.

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

You bet - as well as mark the passing of time.

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

I don't even try to make cakes. It seems pointless when other people are so much better at it than I am.

Annette said...

Awesome cakes!!I take a picture of every cake too. They are always so pretty or so cool that you have to get a shot before it's cut into!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads