Saturday, July 12, 2014

Focus on Life Week 28: Celebrate the Season... with a Vacation!

I wasn't on vacation this week but I was traveling for work. My destination was the wonderful city of San Francisco where tourists were out in abundance. So that gave me a good jumping off point for this week's theme to celebrate all the folks taking their summer vacations.

I didn't have too much time for photo-snapping but managed to take this one of the iconic cable car.


And I'm wondering if you recognize this landmark from an unusual vantage point? (It's the TransAmerica Building.)


I found this great carousel on my way to dinner. The Zeum Carousel was created in 1906 making it over 100 years old! It is currently located in Yerba Buena Gardens but was originally planned for another park. Unfortunately, it could not be installed as planned due to the earthquake and fire which decimated most of the city. It also survived the 1911 fire in Luna Park so it is a real tough lady!


Arriving back at Sky Harbor Airport last night, I was waiting for my luggage and happened to notice this beautiful mural hanging above the water fountains. I had seen it many times before and wondered how many other people were pleasantly surprised by its beauty. I took a photo with my cell phone so it really doesn't do it justice.



And now let's see how everyone else is celebrating the season:


6 comments:

Shel said...

Summer in SFO! Even if it is for work and only for a short while - gotta love it! Your photos are fabulous. And yes, the that mural is lovely. We've actually got lots of pretty art all around our terminals at PHX. We're pretty lucky!

Mary K. McGraw said...

I love SF. Lived in the East Bay area for nine months and went into the city every chance I got. Glad you were able to find a little time for taking some photos.

Patty Woodland said...

I love San Francisco. I haven't been in more years than I care to count but I do remember some delicious food!

Alice said...

Great photos! I toured San Francisco by myself and mostly on foot. I's a beautiful city and I would love to go back.

Cindy Pack said...

Really beautiful photos! The building shot makes me dizzy! Great shot!

Annette said...

I would love to visit SF someday! I love the angle of the shot of the TransAmerica building.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads