Friday, May 23, 2014

Focus on Life Week 21: In the Morning I Take A Walk

I started working part-time this month -- well, four days each week instead of five. At first, that didn't seem like a big difference but when I told my friend, she exclaimed, that's like 52 extra vacation days a year! I vowed to spend my extra days getting a bit more exercise, which usually comes in the form of a walk on the back roads by our house. I never tire of the sights and sounds of my walking route. So for this week's prompt, at 8:30 on Wednesday, I went for a walk and visited our neighbor's horses. Each time I walk by, this beautiful boy comes over to poke his head through the fence in greeting.


I did a little editing on this photo to bring out the western feel. He makes a great subject, doesn't he?


Now let's see the special times of day everyone else shared this week.

8 comments:

Karin G said...

That's a beautiful way to start a free day!

elisabeth said...

What a sweet looking boy!

Annette said...

It's a great photo to start with, but I love the edit! That would be a welcome sight in the morning.

Nelly May said...

That's a great picture - he is posing perfectly for you! What a beautiful walk that looks.

thewovenspoke said...

What a nice daily visit for you. I really like the second photo.

Beti Horvath said...

Nice photos! For once, I think I like your original best, the pale colors appeal to me! Sounds like a nice routine!

Alice said...

A great way to spend your 'extra day". Your neighbor's horse is very handsome.

Shel said...

What a handsome one he is!! Love the photos - both of them.The b/w one does give it a totally different look and feel. I never tire of our AZ views and surroundings either - even w/the heat, we're a lucky bunch!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads