Friday, April 25, 2014

Focus on Life Week 17: Evening Moments

My evening moments are usually pretty uneventful. Hubby and I make a meal, we clean up the dishes and I usually get in an hour or two of beading with the TV on in the background. My buddy Harold loves when I sit at my beading desk. He lays in the front of the desk, swatting at thread from time to time but mostly snoozing like he is in this photo.


OK, now that I have the obligatory cat photo out of my system, I thought I would challenge myself with some outside photos. It's no piece of cake taking photos without a flash at night but the photo below reminds me of my occasional moments of home sickness when I was in college. I would take a study break by walking through the neighborhoods and look at the homes made warm by the golden light dotting the evening.


But this last photo is my favorite, taken in our front yard and edited just a bit to soften some of the glare of the spotlights on the saguaro.


Follow these links to see some more evening moments.




11 comments:

Beti Horvath said...

Beautiful evening moments!

Claire said...

What a pretty kitty and that cactus - wow! Stunning photos :)

Mary K. McGraw said...

Love the photo of the saguaro. One of my cats, Moonies likes to "help" me when I am working on jewelry project.

Shel said...

Beautiful evening moments. I too love the soft glow of lights from houses,...it's comforting in so many ways. Your kitty is just adorable!! And your saguaro - majestic!! I never tire of seeing the desert as the day turns to evening. Awesome photos!

Annette said...

The photo of the saguaro is spectacular! I want to give your homesick college self a hug!! :)

Alice said...

how nice of your cat to be by your side while you are winding down for the evening. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous!

Becky Pancake said...

Paula your evening sounds relaxing. Your saguaro photo is awesome. It makes me wish I was there.

thewovenspoke said...

Great evening moments sounds relaxing.

Nelly May said...

Gorgeous Paula. I love your house shot with the warm orange glow.

Eileen T said...

That cactus looks huge! Lovely image,

Eileen @ In My Playroom (also doing Focus on Life 2014)

elisabeth said...

Love your cactus - beautiful!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads