Friday, April 18, 2014

Focus on Life Week 16: Moment Best Captured in Black and White

For this week's theme, I thought we would do some time travel back to 1969 when the Beatles were in full swing and my Mom was sewing almost all my outfits. Here is a photo of my brother and I in our Easter finery. He sure looks thrilled to be having his picture taken with me!



Don'cha just love my hat and the nehru jacket on my brother?

The original photo was in color and here it is so you get the full affect of the matching hat and gloves. I think this is a moment better captured in black and white!




Continuing our Easter theme, I thought I would digress for a beading moment. I don't color eggs with dye but do use beads to make a couple of these eggs every year. The pattern is called Egg-Stravagance by Julia Gerlach.

Here you see my 2014 egg in its black and white form.


But let's try just a splash of color.


Now let's go for the whole darn egg in color.


And finally, both 2014 eggs in full color glory!


Let's hop on over here to see some more black and white moments. And Happy Easter or Passover or Sunday!



7 comments:

thewovenspoke said...

Those eggs are just awesome colors or black and white! Happy Easter!

Beti Horvath said...

Neat contrasts showing the colors as well as b&w. I love the way the monochrome brings out the design details.

Annette said...

Wow, what a difference color makes in the photo of you and your brother! The eggs are absolutely beautiful.

Claire said...

I LOVE the photo in b&w - it's sharper, yet more vintage :) The egg's a tad too elaborate for me - I'm a simple girl *grin*
Happy Easter x

Nelly May said...

Lovely nostalgic picture of you and your brother. I love the egg piccies too.

Shel said...

First, I love the photos of you and your brother - those are just classic - in color or B/W!! But those eggs,...oh my, my, my - I drooled on my keyboard I think. Those are fabulous!!! Such talent!!

Eileen T said...

Maybe it was the yellow trousers he wasn't too happy about! I have to agree, I prefer the B&W one! I love the decorated eggs - you must have a lot of patience.

Eileen @ In My Playroom (also doing Focus on Life 2014)

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads