Friday, April 11, 2014

Focus on Life Week 15: Moment of Focus

Can you guess what this is?


















Of course, you guessed a plant of some type. The blooming palo verde tree is as much a harbinger of Spring in Arizona as daffodils are in the East. I love how its golden blooms light up the desert.

Here's the same palo verde a little further away.






















And yet a little further away still.



















And now for your National Geographic moment, palo verde is Spanish for green stick and is the official state tree of Arizona.

Now hop on over here for some more moments of focus.



10 comments:

Beti Horvath said...

Beautiful tree! Lovet hat you are enjoying your spring!

Annette said...

How pretty is that?! I bet it's really pretty against the desert backdrop. I like how you showed the way it looks at different distances.

Karin G said...

This is lovely! This is the perfect color of spring.

Alice said...

A beautiful tree. Do the blooms smell good? Lucky you to have this wonderful tree in your areal.

Claire said...

What a gorgeous canopy - no wonder it's the state tree!!

Mary K. McGraw said...

I like how you took several photos from different distances of the tree. Now I will recognize the tree next time I travel through the desert.

thewovenspoke said...

Great shots of the Palo Verdes I too like seeing them bloom.

Becky Pancake said...

Paula your palo verde photo makes me wish I was there. Great photos showing different perspectives.

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

You know, I don't recall a fragrance. I will have to pay more attention next time I am close to one. I suspect not.

Patty Woodland said...

I love a blooming desert.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads