Friday, March 28, 2014

Focus on Life Week 13: Eye Level

Driving to work through our town can be a hazardous expedition. It requires deft steering to avoid ambling tourists and darting wildlife. But even more challenging is the intense concentration required to overcome the distraction of the goodies shopkeepers display outside their stores. You may remember my rooster photo from a couple weeks ago.


The bright colors are so inviting - I find my head turning to take a look every morning. This week, a new display caught my eye. Don't you just love the turquoise color of these these gorgeous pots? I actually pulled over to capture this wonderful arrangement. I would like to take them all home!


One particular display has been getting more and more elaborate as time passes. I took this photo from the opposite side of the road so you may have to click on it to see the larger version.


This is a metal southwestern scene, replete with stagecoach, horses, and men with metal guns drawn and bows and arrows at the ready! It started out with just the horses, then the stagecoach appeared and finally the men on horseback. I wonder if a female character will join them soon?

Let's take a look at what's at eye level for our other contributors this week.





9 comments:

Beti Horvath said...

Great pictures! I love the colors as well, and that sculpture display is fantastic! What a treat to be able to see them every day.

Karin G said...

Fantastic pictures, the colors of those pots is amazing, and what fun to see this scene build itself!

Sally Russick said...

Beautiful photos, especially those vases, the turquoise is gorgeous. I couldn't drive on this road because my eyes would be looking everywhere but the road!

Mary K. McGraw said...

I love your description of your drive to work. Living in a tourist town I can relate.

I want to all those turquoise pots home also. Not sure if my pocketbook could handle it. Spectacular sculpture of the horse.

Shel said...

Gorgeous photo of those pots!! What a lovely shade or turquoise blue - I'm w/you on that one. And also, that sculpture has been growing,...it's super cool. I practically run off the road each time I drive through CC - either to miss the people walking or because my eyes are diverted to the lovelies outside all the shops - just like you mentioned!!

Patty Woodland said...

Oh there must be a cowgirl to save, mustn't there? I can see how distracting that must be. I used to have a commute through a tourist center and I understand completely

Becky Pancake said...

The turquoise pots are lovely but the southwest scene is totally awesome.

Alice said...

Wow what wonderful and colorful photos. I can see why driving there could be hazardous.

Annette said...

At least it's not a boring drive to work each day! I would have a hard time watching the road.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads