Friday, March 14, 2014

Focus on Life Week 11: Beauty All Around

I am guessing many of us will go for nature shots this week. And I have one of those of sorts. This is the view from my beading room.


As I work, I look out into the desert and usually see some bunnies hopping by, quail and their babies all in a row and even an occasional bobcat!

Actually, my bead room is one of our guest rooms. And here's the one concession to its occasional use.


But mostly, it is filled to the gills with my beady paraphernalia. Like this adorable chest, which I thrifted from a local consignment store.


The narrow drawers are just perfect for tubes of beads.


And sitting on top is my photo light box which I fold up and put away when we have guests.


In the closet, we have my mail center (as well as cat hair removal tools).


On the closet floor, more room for boxes of beads.


And lastly, my display station which holds completed projects and a collection of my favorite books.


It can be a little cluttered but the minute I walk into the room, I have a smile on my face as I look at the beauty around me.

For more photos of beauty, feel free to visit these talented ladies.


13 comments:

Alice said...

If I had that view out my bead room window I would not get anything done. Your bead room is so nice and organized...I'm jealous!

Annette said...

I agree with Alice, I wouldn't get anything done if I was sitting in front of that window! It makes me smile that you chose your happy place for this week's prompt.

Alicia said...

Clutter? You don't know what clutter is! Love your view and I'm very jealous of that beautiful chest :) Your happy place could put a smile on anybody's face.

Shel said...

What a VIEW! I love it! And your bead room,...I wanna come play! Looks like heaven!

Claire said...

Wow, what a view - that is some cactus! And I love to see all the beauty in your bead room - just wonderful :)

Amy S. said...

I just loooooooooved this post. I feel like I was right there with you getting a tour of this room. Before I moved two years ago I had a bead room that doubled as a guest room. Boy do I sure miss it!! I love that you have your table set up to view the beautiful landscape!

Islandgirl said...

Love the bright quilt.. you're bead drawer contents matches the quilt! Wish I had a giant cactus outside my window!

Beti Horvath said...

Thanks for the tour. As others have said, that window view inspires jealousy, obviously, it inspires creativity in you!

Karin G said...

What a great view you have for inspiration, outside and inside!

Diana Taylor said...

I love your bead room - what a spectacular view, it must be so hard to concentrate on your beading with that scene just outside your window. It looks a lovely welcoming room to work in - and I must admit I find other people's boxes of stuff always look so extremely interesting, must be my inherent nosiness!

Bonnie said...

What a great view from your beading room! All I can see from mine these days is snow.

Nelly May said...

That is most certainly one beautiful workspace. It made me smile too :-)

Lynn Holland said...

I too have wonderful views out of my window but yours are so so different

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads