Sunday, February 23, 2014

Focus on Life Week 9: Well-Behaved Macro

I am a pushover for a good quote and our macro challenge this week helped me make good use of a component used in a tutorial I just put together:




This has always been one of my favorite quotes and when I saw the bracelet connector at Michaels, I just couldn't resist. I wanted to do something special with it and decided to use it in a cuff bracelet. It was so fun to make, I thought you might want to give it a try. If you don't have a Michaels near you or aren't crazy about the quote, you can use another cab or focal. Sally's blog has lots of good instruction for cab finishing. Here is my cuff and the link to the tutorial is below.


With the below materials, it comes together in just a few hours:



If you make it, take a pic and post or send to me and I will post!

Here are some more marvelous macros:




12 comments:

Annette said...

I've always liked that quote and I love it on your cuff!

Claire said...

I have a wee silver ring with the same quote inscribed!! I love quotes on jewellery, and Mrs R. came out with a fair few - amazing woman!!

bettyl-NZ said...

Such a great quote! Love the cuff you made with it.

Islandgirl said...

I have a t-shirt and an apron with that quote... Love it.. seems to be a green theme this week!

Amy S. said...

Awesome quote!! And I love what you did with the component!

Becky Pancake said...

Your cuff is beautiful. I usually make narrow bracelets but I have been thinking of a cuff lately. I love that quote.

Alice said...

I love that quote! Your cuff is fantastic.

Beti Horvath said...

Great photo and great idea! Love your bracelet!

Karin G said...

Great quote, great cuff, great picture!

Patty Woodland said...

Very cool!

Diana Taylor said...

I love the quote - and the bracelet is beautiful, a great shade of green.

Veralynne Malone said...

Great quote! And it holds true today....Thanks for posting.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads