Friday, February 21, 2014

Focus on Life Week 8: Bring on the color!

One of my favorite things about living here in Cave Creek is the funky, quirky personality of the town which is best typified by the many bright colors everywhere you look. It's almost like the shop owners are trying to compete with the amazing hues of the Springtime desert in bloom. Color is everywhere and I'm not talkin' subtle: on signs, on buildings and in the unique items shop owners display on the sidewalks outside their stores. Many of you have seen my photos from our topic last year to "take a walk."

I took a walk through Cave Creek and here are a few of the photos I shared.


Colors of Cave Creek (from 2013)
For this week's post, I went back into town and found this very cool collection of talavera chickens. I just LOVE them. I guess we could call them  Cockadoodle-colorful!



And wrapping up our week of colors, here is a project I finished last week-end. These earrings are for my good friend Karen on her birthday.


For more colorful stories, take a hop through these fun neighborhoods:

12 comments:

Annette said...

I LOVE those colorful chickens! How fun they are! I wish I could drive through my town and see so much color this time of year. The earrings are beautiful. Your friend is a luck lady!

Beti Horvath said...

Great choices to give us a color boost. Love the earrings and roosters!

Claire said...

Yep, those are colourful cockerels alright!!
And those earrings are stunning - what a lucky Karen :)

Judith Johnston said...

I really want one of those colourful cockerels outside my front door to bring a splash of Cave Creek colour to my grey suburban street.
Wonderful earrings, I bet Karen was thrilled with them.

Shel said...

Wow - your beadwork, and those earrings, are just stunning!! And, I do love your town - it's so colorful, and one of my favorite places in the Valley!! Enjoy the weekend and the warm weather. I'm heading to Jerome w/my sis and the over night low is a cool 34 - brrrr,...compared to our desert temps, right?!!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Love those roosters. And your earrings for your friend are just beautiful. What a good friend she must be,

Islandgirl said...

Great Chickens & after dissing pink in the previous post I love that pink doorway! Think we circled around cave creek when we were there last week, I thought you were closer to Sedona....We went up highway 89 to jerome and came back on 87...

Diana Taylor said...

I love those chickens - aren't they great! And what a really lucky friend to get those stunning earrings - lovely colours.

Amy S. said...

Those chickens are the BEST! Love your earrings too!

Alice said...

Looks like a great place to visit. I love those chickens and your gorgeous earrings.

michelleannstudio.com said...

Great chickens! How vibrant they would look in the snow. :)

Nelly May said...

Wonderful, proud cockerels strutting their funky stuff. Perfect!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads