Friday, November 1, 2013

Focus on Life Week 44: Saints, Souls, Sugar Skulls and Scares

I know we are supposed to use photos from this week for our postings but I had to dredge up a subject from last year since it is so darn perfect for this theme.

In the photos below, you see my posting from July last year after I had modified Christine Wilson's Bohemian Rhapsody pattern from the June/July issue of Beadwork Magazine, page 53. Now tell me this isn't perfect for this week's theme.......






And the very best part of the posting was that somehow Christine got wind of my project and commented on my post. I was so thrilled, I saved a screen shot! Of course, you could always take a blog trip back in time if you wanted to read it.


And here is a sample of how our other talented contributors celebrated this week's theme:


10 comments:

Islandgirl said...

Is it a bracelet.. they are such happy looking skeletons! Mine is a new picture but last years beads!

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Yes, it is a bracelet and the grommets gave me fits.

Alicia said...

Yup, perfect bracelet for this week's prompt (and yes, we are allowed to 'cheat' sometimes, this is about having fun, after all!). Love your bracelet :)

Adrienne said...

Nice cuff, I'm really into cuffs lately and always looking for a new way to make them. I really like this one!

LoriF said...

You're right, absolutely perfect for the prompt...congrats on your blog visit from the "superstar", and on your wonderful bracelet!

Beti Horvath said...

Hey, could have fooled me...they look brand new, lol! Great work on your spooky suite of cuffs!

Becky Pancake said...

You are right that photo is perfect. Thanx for sharing.

Janet Bocciardi said...

What a cool cuff! Perfecto!

Alice said...

I love this. Wonderful colors!!!

Shel said...

How very cool. Love the Dia de los Muertos motif. How cool that Christine commented on your work/blog! That's exciting! And, as always - your beadwork is just perfect. Super post!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads