Friday, October 4, 2013

Focus on Life Week 40: Give Us A Smile!

Before I tell you about my smiles, I have to admit to some frustration since I could not get to my Blogger edit window through any of the computers in our house except my ipad. Unfortunately, the Blogger app is somewhat more limited than the web version and I couldn't make my usual adjustments. I was able to finally paste the Inlinkz code into the HTML window so hopefully that is working ok.

Whew - therapy session concluded. Now onto this week's topic. Two things brought a huge smile to my face and I am hoping they bring one to yours.

I visited my sister and was delighted to see that one of her kitties had a litter of five kittens. Here I am with one of those sweet kitty-babies.


Then, my pre-order of Jamie Cloud Eakin's new book arrived in the mail. Yippee! Not only does this book include some scrumptious-looking projects, but Jamie goes into detail on design principles and construction.


And here are some project pages:


And for more of what is making our other blogger beauties smile, just click on over to http://thestudiosublime.com.


16 comments:

Islandgirl said...

Your kitten looks like it might grow up to be my cat? Mine is a female what was yours? Actually tommy does appear to be grinning when she is sitting on my husbands lap... I think it's becuase she figures shes better than the other two cats which are on the floor! Will have to check out the book!

Patty Woodland said...

Oh how adorable. Will you be getting one?

Alicia said...

Oh, my, nothing more adorable than babies: of any species (or almost :) ). Cutest thing ever!
That book makes me drool - although I would never attempt such 'scrumptious-ity' :)

Beti Horvath said...

What a couple of cuties - you and your kitty friend! Smile on.

A Polymer Penchant said...

I saw that little orange baby in the thumbnail and had to come straight away, what a sweetie. My little orange kitty spent the day tormenting me while I tried to work! Looks like you will have lots to smile about with all that creating ahead, love a good design book

Marlene Cupo said...

Have afeeling one of those adorable fur-babies are gonna find a new home with you. So precious.
I totaly agree with Alicia about the book. Frighteningly beautiful!

Claire said...

What a cutie! Lovely photo :)

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

No, unfortunately hubby has invoked a two-cat limit. He is really fearful I will turn into crazy cat lady! Probably for good reason!

Adrienne said...

Aww, what a sweet pic!

Becky Pancake said...

That is a great pic Paula. Babies do make us all smile. My pre ordered book came also. Isn't Jamie the best bead embroidery teacher ever? Whenever someone mentions bead embroidery I recommend her books to them. She has taught me so much.

Shel said...

What a great photo of you and the baby kitty! Such a cutie - he/she definitely makes me smile. I bet the other's are cute and cuddly as well. This looks like an amazing book, I'm excited to see some of your work after you try a project or two from it. I just love looking at (touching and holding them too - they feel so great!) bead embroidery pieces, but oddly it's something I've never tried - I think those little beads would be the death of me! LOL!! They do bring a smile to my face though!

Alice said...

What a sweet little kitten! You have a beautiful smile!

LoriF said...

What a wonderful picture of you and the kitty....I love marmalades, and your smile is a beautiful one. Can't wait to see some of your projects from Jamie's book!

Bonnie said...

Kittens make me smile too. *smile* What a cutie.

Mary K. McGraw said...

Nothing sweeter than a kitten, especially when they are s little. Love bead embroidery will have to check out the new book.

Janet Bocciardi said...

I got my copy of Jamie's book this week, too! Looking forward to learning and playing!

That photo makes me want a kitty! So sweet.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads