Friday, August 23, 2013

Focus on Life Week 34: Add Something

All football fans out there know we are counting down the days until our season openers. My hubby and I often kid that our black and white kitties should really be black and gold to pick up the colors of our Pittsburgh Steelers. So for this week's theme, I went to town on this challenge!

Below is the before photo of kitties Poochie and Harold. They are sitting in one of their favorite spots -- on seats from Three Rivers Stadium which we bought when they tore down the stadium to make room for Heinz Field, the Steelers' new fancy digs.


Now here they are "re-painted" in Steeler colors with a Terrible Towel:


And to wrap up our Steeler theme, below is a necklace I made for a friend who is another Steeler fan.


And to see what everyone else is adding this week, check out these contributions:

13 comments:

thewovenspoke said...

That was a great idea! neat :o

Islandgirl said...

I tried to paint ellie mae green... didn't work. Your kitties look charming in steeler colours!

Claire said...

Poor kitties, they look a bit off-colour... *grin*
Great fun this week, wasn't it?

Patty Woodland said...

They are ready to cheer!

Katherine at Terra Beadworks said...

Now the Steelers will win for sure!

Shel said...

Love this! Your kitties are ready for some football action for sure! I attended school in Pittsburgh and remember Three Rivers Stadium well. (so cool that you have seats from there!) My friends and I used to hang out at Point State Park on Saturdays and play Frisbee and the stadium looked very cool across the river - love that city!

Beti Horvath said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure they are happy about the transformation. But then again, they are cats! Cute idea!

Alice said...

Your kitties look like they are ready for some football. I love how you transformed the original photo!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Your cats have such beautiful markings. Love the transformation.

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh boy - you can cheer in style with that necklace! ha! love your 'kitty effect'

Janet Bocciardi said...

LOL! Makes me think of the fans that paint themselves for sure.

Courtney said...

Great, great shot!! I love your "fan" cats. :)

Sandi Volpe said...

Awesome, love your Steeler cats and great fan necklace.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads