Friday, July 26, 2013

Focus on Life Week 30: Catch The Sun

I hope you all aren't tired of this scene - it's been featured in a couple different posts, but this is the first time for this particular shot. When Sally gave us our subject Catch the Sun, I though wow, sun is something we sure have in abundance in Arizona. But I think the best part of the sun is the waning time, just before dusk when the shadows and light become more pronounced like in the photo below.

 
This cuff also made me think of sun. This is a pattern I made long ago - designed by Merle Berlowitz from the April 2010 BeadAndButton. Her herringbone treatment for covering the cuff is one of my all-time favorites!
 
 


And for more sunny stories, please visit these contributors.








13 comments:

thewovenspoke said...

Nice lighting in the shot, it too is one of my favorite times of day to take photos.

Patty Woodland said...

I LOVE the desert. *sigh*
It's too hot for my husband or I swear we'd be living there.

The cuff is gorgeous

Marlene Cupo said...

Beautiful photo, reminds me of when I went out to visit my brother in AZ. Your cuff bracelet is wonderful.

Niky Sayers said...

What a lovely photo!

Diana Taylor said...

What a stunning shot - I love that time of day - it has a beautiful warm golden glow you don't get at any other time. The cuff is beautiful too, so much work and detail - just exquisite.

Mary K. McGraw said...

Your photo of the desert landscape is amazing. Love all the yellow. And your bead work is amazing too.

Beti Horvath said...

The angle of the sun certainly does show off your gorgeous landscape. And the cuff is fabulous, and sunny!

Alice said...

What a lovely view of the desert. I don't think I would ever get tired of seeing that every morning and evening. I love how the waning sun seems to glow on the desert landscape.

Islandgirl said...

Wonderful lighting on those cacti! That's a view I could look at easily every day!

Donna said...

Most excellent! Both pics I love!

Designed by Vera said...

I never get tired of seeing these pics. I want to come visit the west so much! I was in Arizona one time in my teens and loved it! Thanks for the wonderful pictures!

glassbead, isinglass design said...

That is a great photo of the desert- you captured the lighting perfectly!

Shel said...

Great shot Paula! I live here and I NEVER get tired of seeing the beauty that surrounds us; sunsets or sunrises. And the saguaros drenched in light,...

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads