Friday, July 5, 2013

Focus On Life Week 27: Texture

I haven't posted much about beading in our weekly challenges and the theme of texture took me there with a project I completed last week. This necklace is designed by Annette Mackrel from April 2010 BeadAndButton. It was one of the possibilities I had picked for my step-son's wedding earlier this year and while I selected another design, I was really happy with how this turned out.



I love the texture of the spiral design but even better is the embellished herringbone mid-section.


The spiral is super-versatile and can be used as a focal or as a bracelet component.

You can find more tales of sumptous textures on Sally's Studio Sublime.

16 comments:

Patty Woodland said...

Beautiful! The color combination is lovely

LoriF said...

Love that Paula! I may have to revisit that one...

Claire said...

this is a stunning piece! perfect for this week's prompt!
have a blessed week :)

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, this is stunning - I love the simple colour scheme and all that beautiful texture - gorgeous!

Islandgirl said...

That's really pretty! Is the center little pearls? I have managed to post faithfully every week but my blog has had very little to do with beads and glass!

Beti Horvath said...

Love the contrasts in this piece. You don't even have to touch it to experience the depth of texture.

Alice said...

A beautiful piece. I love the colors which contrast nicely. And the texture is wonderful. I'll bet this took some time to create!

A Polymer Penchant said...

That is stunning! This is such great texture and the limited palette makes it look so elegant. I seem to remember you shared the one you went with and it was a stunner too.

Adrienne said...

What a fabulous piece!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Your bead work is beautiful. Love all the texture in this piece.

Annette said...

What a beautiful piece and perfect for the prompt! I can't imagine the work that went in to creating it.

Becky Pancake said...

Great texture piece Paula. I chose jewelry for my texture focus also.

Shel said...

Wow, Paula! You just amaze me w/your beadwork and this piece so exceptional! Love the textures in this design and the colors as well. I bet it feels like heaven to wear.

Kashmira said...

Wow! I love this one too!!!

aleta said...

Lovely piece done in Annette's variation/design! Actually wanted to let you know that the 'spiral' is my design, of which Annette used in her article, it does state that - I call it 'indespiral' ....thank you for allowing me to add this. - Aleta

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Absolutely. And thanks for finding my post to make the clarification. It is a really beautiful design.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads