Friday, June 14, 2013

Focus on Life Week 24: Green

Green might not be the first word that comes to mind when you think of the desert. But the Sonoran desert is one exception with a more subtle green, unlike the vibrant greens you see in the Eastern US. I captured this view just as a summer monsoon storm was brewing. The dark brown in the sky really brings out the green of the cacti and other vegetation.

 
Green is not one of my usual go-to colors for beading projects. I tend more toward blues and basic black. But green is my friend Tootie's favorite so for her birthday awhile back, I dressed up this cabochon whose green picks up the same earthy tones of the desert picture.
 
 
 
Stop on over to Sally's page to see how others are going green this week.


12 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely photos - the top one is so moody and atmospheric - you can almost smell the rain coming! I love the necklace you made - I'm incredibly impressed, it's so beautiful

Mary K. McGraw said...

Love your picture of he desert. Plus sure would like to be on your birthday list. Lovely pendant you created.

Marlene Cupo said...

Visited my brother out in Arizona a few years back and the greens of the cacti were so beautiful. Admire beadweavers, so much, feel like I have 6 thumbs so it is SO beyond me.

Shel said...

I almost photographed some desert green, too! It is so lovely up where you live! Your beadwork is just amazing - so beautiful and perfect. Lovely greens this week for sure!!

Claire said...

What a stunning pendant! The colours really look like the photo - amazing!
Have a wonderful week :)

Annette said...

I was hoping to see some desert green photos and yours is spectacular! And so is the gorgeous pendant!

Tamara said...

Your work and photograph stunning. Boy, do I remember those desert monsoons when I lived in Nevada. One almost carried me away while I was driving. Your photo really captured the tension right before the storm.

Janet Bocciardi said...

That necklace is beautiful. Your photo of the coming monsoon is amazing. That sky is frightening!

Patty Woodland said...

Stunning necklace- I'm sure your friend loved it.

Islandgirl said...

LOve your desert picture.... The green in tha cab is lovely!

Beti Horvath said...

Both photos capture the essential green!

Courtney said...

Beautiful shots! The top one has great feeling to it. And your beadwork - awesome.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads