Saturday, May 18, 2013

Focus on Life Week 20: Looking Up

I’ll never tire of the view from our kitchen window. In fact the entire back of our house faces Black Mountain, a geological centerpiece that lies between Cave Creek and Carefree, AZ and by its presence seems to underscore the differences of these two towns best described by someone more clever than I as true west (Cave Creek) versus tres west (Carefree). This position is best seen from the air but we have a painting that also captures this locale.
 

 
Most of the time, I look out (not up) at Black Mountain and have witnessed its muscular curves at all times of day. I even won a place in the Black Mountain photo contest with this one.


 
But I think this photo is my very favorite where wintery fog obscures most of the mountain.
 
 
I have looked up at Black Mountain, all 3,398 feet of it, when my husband and I ventured for a hike several years after moving into our home. It took us the better part of 90 minutes to get to the top, punctuated by frequent stops to catch our breath and gaze at amazement at the desert below. Most recently, I looked up at Black Mountain during a walk around our neighborhood.
 
And now, click your mousie on over for more stories on The Studio Sublime.


 

14 comments:

Claire said...

what a view - i'd spend all day at the kitchen sink :)
wonderful photos, as always!!
have a great weekend :)

Becky Pancake said...

Wow! Paula that is a spectacular pic. I love looking at the mountains in Arizona. Congrats on winning the contest.

Shel said...

Amazing photos!! All of them! You are so lucky to have such an amazing view of Black Mountain! Definitely worth 'looking up' for!!

Debi said...

Really beautiful Paula. *sigh* I'll say it again...you lucky lady!! ha ha!!

Islandgirl said...

Lovely view! THe herds of cactii look very peaceful grazing between your pool and the mountain!

Patty Woodland said...

Gorgeous. I grew up at sea level and since traveling around the country I have fallen in love with mountains. I adored the desert in AZ but my husband didn't like the heat. Now I'm surrounded by mountains in MT.

Alice said...

If I had that view I would never get anything done. Your photos are stunning!

Mary K. McGraw said...

What a great view you have. I would not get tires of it either.

Alicia said...

Beautiful - sure you can't get tired of that view!

Janet Bocciardi said...

Wow - beautiful mountain view. I'm not a desert person, but I think with that view I could become one. : )

thewovenspoke said...

Beautiful photography I love the valley in the winter and early spring when we have moisture.

Emakaye said...

Oh so beautiful!!! I am completely envious of that view. I do hope it always amazes you and you never become complacent with it. I can't imagine that could be the case.
~Ema
http://www.emakdesigns.com/blog

Adrienne said...

Wow, that shot you submitted for the photo contest is breath taking!

Courtney said...

So beautiful!! I love the top shot, the snow and sun, stunning!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads