Friday, May 3, 2013

Focus On Life Week 18: Abstract

Well, my emotions aren't too abstract because I am seeing red.


The same night that I took this picture for our Week 16 challenge to Take a Walk a young woman got lost (after imbibing excessively), somehow ended up on our lane and ran into this majestic amazing saguaro. Below you see the before and after. I'm glad I got to share it with you in all its glory before it toppled.

According to our neighbor, the police and a tow truck were required to extract her truck and somehow my hubby and I slept through the whole thing. When I left for work the next morning, there was a big empty space with nothing but the debris you see below.


And for some more abstract musings, step on over to Sally's blog.

11 comments:

Meeling said...

Cool! I like seeing both the original and the edited version!

Tanya said...

I would be seeing red also. I really like the edited photo.

Claire said...

fantastic photo, but what a sad story!! I too would be seeing red - thank goodness it was 'only' the cactus and not a person she hit! such a shame :(

Alice said...

Wow what bold colors! I love it!!! But what a shame you lost that beautiful Saguaro!

Beti Horvath said...

Your edited photo reflects what you are feeling, but the "after" pictures, horrible as they are, are kind of abstract too. Life goes on...

Becky Pancake said...

It's sad to see one of those stately giants topple. You did an outstanding job making you pic abstract.

thewovenspoke said...

I love your editing of the desert and the Sagauro, it is a shame that those cactus take so many years to get that size I wonder how many hundreds of years old it was.

Marlene Cupo said...

Great adaptation of the cactus. Such a shame that it is gone.

Annette said...

I love how you edited the photo and am so glad you got such a great shot of the Sagauro before it was gone. Such a shame.

CraftyHope said...

I'm so sorry your view is changed, but what a blessing that you captured it's beauty before that fateful night. As well, your abstract of it is pretty cool!

Bonnie said...

I'd be seeing red also. What a shame that the majestic saguaro met with such a violent demise. Glad you were able to capture a photo of it before the tragedy.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads