Friday, April 26, 2013

Focus on Life Week 17: Color/Colour

It was color or perhaps colour that made me bid on an eBay listing last year that was chock full of polymer clay pieces. Below you see a collage of the many pieces that were part of the lot. I was entranced by the sheer number and variety of designs in the pieces.

Lot of Polymer Clay Pieces - eBay Purchase
When my package arrived, I was astonished at the number of pieces. They are an odd lot. Some are interesting shapes and many don't have holes. Many are labeled with the artist's name: Ginny Henley.

My problem? I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Below you see my first experiment using one of the pieces as a cabochon. I wasn't entirely happy with it and put it away to ponder for awhile. One year later, I haven't made any more progress.


So I thought some of my bloggy friends might be up for the challenge. If you are interested, just go to my web site and access my email by clicking the contact me link on the home page. Send me your mailing address and I will send you a couple random pieces. I will pick up the postage - no worries there - but need to limit the number to the first 25 responders. If the pieces you receive inspire you to create something cool, just post them on your blog or send me a photo and I will post them here.

Here's another photo to get your inspiration going!


And for more tales of color/colour, please visit Sally's blog to preview more submittals for this week's theme.

16 comments:

Islandgirl said...

Love that bright orange & aqua one left hand side and it's matching slices... although I think it would be easier to design aroudn the black/grey ones. I bought someones beads on ebay 5 years ago... I use them all the time but don't seem to have made a dent in them!

Claire said...

those curved triangle pieces would make great brooches! i just love the larger ones, which remind me of william morris wallpaper :)
happy saturday and have a wonderful week!
no. 14

Adrienne said...

Wow, what a wide array of color combinations!

A Polymer Penchant said...

Fruits of much labour there, wow what a stash! You can always drill them, I add holes after curing at least half the time. A drill bit in a little hand vise is and easy soltion. Of course inviting people to play takes care of the "problem" of too many colourful beads nicely too!

Janet Bocciardi said...

I can see why you bought it! What a find. Do you know anything about the artist and why there ended up being this large lot? Just curious.

I couldn't find the Contact me! But I would love to participate. Count me in and I'll send you my address. I'll send you something back, as that's going to be a lot of postage for 25!

N Valentine Studio said...

Wow! Some of those look like kaleidoscopes!

Debi said...

Very cool looking patterns and shapes. I don't know much about polymer clay, but could they be wire-wrapped?

Alice said...

A beautiful bounty of beads! What a treat that must have been when you opened the package!!!

Beti Horvath said...

What a lovely palette you have acquired! I would love to explore these!

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

They're yours! Those little slices remind me of watermelon.

Tanya said...

Those are some lovely pieces and in so many gorgeous colors. I can't wait to see what everyone does with the pieces. I hope you do a blog hop. :)

Annette said...

The colors and patterns are truly lovely. I can see why you were drawn to them.

Becky Pancake said...

Thank you Paula. It is very generous of you to share some of your beautiful polymer pieces with us. I like what you did with that flowered cab. What a fabulous way to show color.

Katherine at Terra Beadworks said...

Those are some beautiful beads and I can see why you are having a hard time making a dent in the numbers.

Courtney said...

Look at your goodies!!!!

Janet Bocciardi said...

Thank you so much! I just opened my pkg and love the selection. My favorites are the lentil sunflower beads and oh my those white petal flowers are wonderful. The smaller cab inspiring me, not sure about the larger one at this time... But thank you! I will for sure do a post and show you what goodies I made. You are sweet and generous to share your booty.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads