Saturday, April 13, 2013

Focus On Life Week 15: Aged Beauty

Hmmmmm. What to write about this week. I pondered as I stepped through my chores and stopped in front of the china cabinet when I realized that it was the answer! The cabinet itself is an antique purchased by my hubby and I early in our married life when we lived in a center hall colonial house and sought out lovely old pieces. But the cabinet took on a heightened role after my Mother passed and we discovered these wonderful pieces of Fiestaware packed away in her attic. Some come from my grandmother and others were picked up along the way. My brothers and sister thought I should have them and their brilliant colors fit perfectly into our Southwest home. They are an odd, mis-matched lot but make me smile with memories of Mom every time I pass by.

 
Be sure to stop by The Studio Sublime to see the aged beauty from our other fine contributors.

9 comments:

Claire said...

i just love the splash of colour and i always like mismatched crockery! no wonder this always makes you smile :)
a great post and have a wonderful week!
no. 21

Debi said...

What a wonderful collection. I knew as soon as I saw your link icon that it was Fiestaware! My good friend has an extensive collection that she loves. Lots of happy colors.

Courtney said...

So colorful and wonderful. They would make me smile every day!

Islandgirl said...

I love that china but somebody bought me a partial set of naif china which is now being made again too... so there is no fiestaware china in my future... I could see your cabinet in my house though!

thewovenspoke said...

A very nice bright collection and nicely aged beauty too.

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
The cabinet is beautiful. I love Fiestaware and it is a rarity to have such old pieces in as excellent shape as yours.
Therese

Janet Bocciardi said...

So love your cabinet and dishes! Your dishes remind me of my Grandmom. She had a collection and it was fun as kids to pick out what color we were going to have our cereal in each morning.

Patty Woodland said...

Fiestaware is happy stuff

Beti Horvath said...

Oh would I love to have that collection! My Fiesta Ware consists of an old pitcher, and dishes that have been used to catch the drips under flower pots.

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads