Friday, March 15, 2013

Focus On Life Week 11: The Possibilities Are Endless

Wow - Sally must be a mind reader! A couple weeks ago, I had a mini melt-down over all my recent UFO's. I came down with a serious case of Beaders' ADD. In an attempt to organize my chaos - I did what anyone would do: I made piles!


You see that four of these are labeled wedding projects. This is because my step-son is getting married next month and I have been fussing over which necklace to wear with my SMOG (Step-Mom of groom) outfit. So far, the winner is coming out in the #1 position. This pattern is Golden-Edged Ruffles by Shelley Nybakke from the December 2007 Beadwork Magazine. (Yes, I have hung onto that pattern for over five years!) I need to get booking on it to be ready in time for the big event!

 
The good news is I did complete one of these projects just in time for Karen's retirement party this week-end. We will sure miss our dear friend around the office. I started the necklace to get practice on my tubular right-angle weave and decided I liked the strap so well, I needed to add a cabochon. I purchased a bunch of dichroic glass cabs on eBay a couple years ago and this one was one of my favorites. I embellished and it was good to go!
 
 
And for some more exciting possibilities, please check out the posts from our other bead artists at Studio Sublime.

20 comments:

Beti Horvath said...

Great work. I think we can really relate!

Tanya said...

I love the possibilities of UFOs. I have so many as well and I bet it feels so good to get started on them again.

Shel said...

Oh wow - what you do w/those tiny beads is amazing! Endless possibilities for sure. I'm just in awe of everyone that creates w/seed beads. It's so beyond my scope that all I can to do is just drool. You have one gorgeous necklace there that is sure to get attention!

Alicia said...

Oh, I think I need to make some piles too :) Love the beaded ruffle - and all the other possibilities one can imagine from all your projects.

The Cabby Crafter said...

WOW! How i wish I could bead like you. Very beautiful mixture of coordinating beads.

A Polymer Penchant said...

Piles yes! I sometimes think of my workspace like layers of sediment. It's always just more stacked on more! I also tell myself that they are work-in-progress rather than unfinished objects - the positive spin takes away the guilt I say. I think the ruffles are fabulous

Claire said...

wonderful work!! you are truly a craftswoman :)

Patti Van said...

Beautiful piles, indeed! That necklace is stunning - love the dichroic cab and your bead work!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
UFO's yep got those around too. I love the necklace and I am sure you will be done with it by the time your Son gets married. That is a beautiful necklace with the dichroic glass pendant.
Therese

Designed by Vera said...

I think we all have some "piles"....love the jewelry, I want to get into bead work so bad...I need to find a good school to get me going....Keep up the great work Paula, you are an inspiration to us all!

Katherine at Terra Beadworks said...

Your beadwork is beautiful - love the ruffles! The dichroic glass beaded pendant is splendid too. I could see myself wearing that one.

Janet Bocciardi said...

Good for you!! I love the ruffles and that dichroic pendant. I've made some headway this winter on UFOs too. Must've been the year for it!

Annette said...

What a beautiful necklace! I like you idea of piles!

LoriF said...

Oh, I can so relate! I tend to do baggies-with-pattern-info and those are taking over a tray in my bead room as we speak. Maybe we should TRADE one another's UFO's? Would that do it? I love that Shelley Nybakke bracelet...just sayin' LOL

Alice said...

Beautiful work! I've never made anything with bead weaving but I can certainly see the many possibilities one can have with these tiny beads and patterns.

glassbead, isinglass design said...

Very pretty! You'll look great at the wedding- better get to work!

Becky Pancake said...

Wonderful ruffles. Good job on using your ufo's and putting your beads together for your projects. Seed beads sure do hold endless possibilities.

Marlene Cupo said...

The endless possibilities of your jewelry are breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

AntiquityTravelers said...

I have so many UFOs on my table I've lost count! making piles is a great way to start!! I absolutely LOVE that ruffle pattern - you will look beautiful in your SMOG outfit (ha! love that name!)

Patty Woodland said...

That's the problem with this avocation - too many possibilities, too little time

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads