Monday, January 14, 2013

Beady Travel Stops

There is a tipping point in every beader where you know you have gone over the edge. One sign of this tipping point is stalking bead stores during travels away from home. I have spent some of my most enjoyable travel hours in bead stores far, far away from home. This past week, I traveled to Hagerstown, MD for work and although we had a busy work schedule, I found an hour to venture into downtown Hagerstown where I visited The Potomac Bead Company. This is a franchise bead store and not one I have come across in my travels in western US. But they have a fantastic inventory and below you see my purchases.


The metal heart pendants were $5 each, which I thought was a great bargain! I just loved the turquoise 3mm crystals - notice their extra little sparkle. And you also see a tube of long magatmas - just because you never know when you might need them!


I definitely give Potomac Bead Company in Hagerstown a big thumbs up for great inventory, friendly staff and reasonable prices.

3 comments:

BackstoryBeads said...

I'm right there with you! In two weeks, I'll be in San Diego for a meeting. I've booked myself home on the red-eye so I can spend the last afternoon and evening canvassing the 5 bead stores between my hotel and the airport. Five! And one has the word "mall" in its name. Oh, my!!

Mandy Duffy said...

I just moved to Hanover and frequent the Potomac store in Hanover, but I'm so near Hampstead I may have to take a drive! Love your finds!

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Too darn funny! Your five stores definitely trump my one. Plus San Diego is warmer. Have a great trip!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads