Sunday, December 2, 2012

Holiday Activity

Yikes! How is it possible that it is December 2nd?  I'm making fewer beady gifts this year due to lack of time but did make one consignment gift and one special necklace for our dear auntie.


Here is Aunt Dee's necklace. She had commissioned a piece earlier this year and this was one of the possible designs that she liked. I stored that away in my cranium and, lucky for me, this was a much easier piece than the one she requested for her sister's birthday gift! This design is called Zig Zag Scallops, by Sheryl Yanagi from the December 2011 Bead&Button. It's a very delicate look and I used a magnetic clasp which I figured would be an easier clasp to manage.

My consignment piece was (what else) Steeler jewelry! Unfortunately, I don't think we will be wearing it to any playoff games this year.


Hope you are having fun preparing for the holidays! Now I need to go dip my beaded ornaments in Future floor wax. More about that on the next post!

2 comments:

BackstoryBeads said...

Your aunt is going to adore her necklace. Love the delicate color you chose, and the tonal effect makes it even more elegant.

Cathy and Paul @One Creative Couple said...

Wow, Paula, these are just beautiful! I'm amazed at the skill you've developed. Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads