Saturday, August 18, 2012

Yay! Football Season Is Here

It doesn't exactly feel like football season with our 118 degree temps this week but our Steeler fan club will gather tomorrow to watch the Steelers pre-season game against the Colts.

And here is a trio of Steeler bracelets to start the season off right.

On the left is a wrap bracelet, inspired when I read Lisa Peter's post about being addicted to making wrap bracelets. Never one to shy away from an obsession, I did some searches and learned that I am possibly the last beader on earth to have discovered how to make these wrap bracelets. And Lisa is right, they are addictive. After buying materials last week-end, I made the two shown above and a couple rejects. Instead of a regular old button, I bought button cover kits and made the custom buttons shown. I think the one on the right would even be good for a guy since the button is cloth and it's not too girly-looking. And nestled in the middle is my favorite cuff-style.

Below is a closer look at the wrap.
Steelers Wrap Bracelet
While I'm blogging, I'd like to congratulate the winners of this year's Wesley Cup golf tournament.

Team Good Guys, Winners 2012 Wesley Cup

And lest you think they take themselves too seriously, here is the trophy. Unfortunately it is sitting on our fireplace. (Yes, that is a chicken. Your eyes aren't playing tricks on you!)

4 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
Those are some nice bracelets I really like the cuff. I have made bracelets similar to the single wrap, but I have not made a long one yet.
My cousin that lives in PA just asked me yesterday if I could make some black and gold jewelry to represent the Steelers I was thinking along the lines of a necklace and earring set I did not think about a bracelet. I have been searching for the charms and could not find them, so if you don't mind I would like to use your idea of the button covers. I think I will also do some resin pendants, I will not use your bracelet ideas though.
Therese

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Therese,

Feel free to use the button cover idea. I didn't use resin since anything resin I do just comes out yucky. I just used scrapbooking page pebbles and they stick right on top of the logo and then glued them to the top of a flat button cover. There are rounded ones and flat ones and, for this purpose, the flat ones are best. I don't have any copyright on the bracelets - there are a million patterns flying around on the web. I made some really cute ones this week-end and will post soon. I'll be interested to see what you come up with!

Cathy and Paul @One Creative Couple said...

The sports/Steelers connection is a great way to "marry" creativity with other passions. Very cool work. Also, congrats to Ed on the golf victory. How cool.

Paul

Cathy and Paul @One Creative Couple said...

Paula,

The Steeler jewelry is wonderful. I imagine you'll be sporting some when you attend a game or two!! Also, give Eddie our love and tell him congrats on his big win.

Cathy

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads