Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bobcat Visitor

I am so excited to show the photo of our very own bobcat visitor. We have seen these critters from afar but never had a chance experience one in close-up. This little fella/lady was sleeping outside our office window this morning. This window is a favorite view spot for our two kitties who amazingly were asleep somewhere else in the house, so we could run for the camera and take the picture without disruption.


Isn't it amazing how their colors blend right into the surroundings? In keeping with the color scheme, I thought I would share a recent gemstone creation using a turquoise stone from my friend, Sandy.

I had the smaller accent stones from a previous project and used them along with 15/0's and 8/0's in the spiral rope. It was a little tricky to connect the two separate spiral strands through the stone but managed to connect the two pieces after some persistence.

Happy Cinqo de Mayo!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay for furry visitors! Love that necklace!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
Don't you just love it when the wildlife comes to your doorstep? I miss living in the country where that happened often. Your necklace is gorgeous!
Therese

Shellie G. said...

Hi Paula, I came over from the BD forums. You shared your link in a thread over there and months later I'm finally finding time just to blog surf.
I LOVE this necklace! The focal piece is absolutely gorgeous and you accented it perfectly with your choice of beads. Consider me a new follower. And if you don't mind, in the coming weeks I would like to "spotlight" your blog on my blog.

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Hi Shellie,

You are so kind -- thanks! I am honored to be featured on your blog and will check out yours as well. Many thanks for your comments!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads