Saturday, February 4, 2012

Three Cheers for Melanie Potter!

Last year, I purchased Melanie Potter's Go for Baroque kit. I finally had a chance to start it last week-end and was merrily working along until I hit the instructions for the strap made with a dimensional chevron chain. Uh oh. Do you ever have that moment where no matter what you do, you just can't translate the instructions into the intended shape? I read and ripped, read and ripped and then turned to the web for some help. But I couldn't find much of anything. So on a chance, I wrote an email to the nice folks at School of Beadwork and the very next morning a reply was waiting for me from Melanie Potter herself offering a telephone tutorial to get past my beaders block. I decided to give it one more try before engaging Melanie and presto, I got it! She must have sent some karmic waves my way. I told Melanie that I have always been a fan of hers and now I am a super-fan. I hope to finish the project next week and will post some pics then. Meantime, here's a photo of the kit that will direct you to the School of Beadwork web site. Anyone that nice is sure to get more business from me!
Go for Baroque by Melanie Potter


Here's my most recent completed project: Spellbinding Spangles, designed by Grace Nehls, and featured in the December 2011 Bead and Button.


What are your plans for Superbowl? I am a Pittsburgh Steeler fan but since they are not part of this year's line up, I am leaning toward the Giants.

Hope you have a bead-utiful week!


2 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Paula,
I think the Go For The Baroque necklace is beautiful and I understand completly about the light bulb going of and everything snaping into place. I love your rendition of Spellbinding Spangles, I have been wanting to do that necklace since I first saw it and I have been slowling getting the supplies together to do it.
Therese

Kristen said...

Beautiful work! Yay for YOU!

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads