Sunday, February 12, 2012

Arizona Turns 100 This Week

Arizona is one of the younger states, turning 100 on Valentine's Day. I thought it only appropriate to bake a cake to commenorate the occasion. Now, baking is not one of my particular talents but last night we sure had fun eating the corners that were removed to create the state shape! And, in case my artistic renderings have you curious, the blue at the upper left corner is my attempt at the Colorado River, with the green sprinkles representing none other than the Grand Canyon. I guess it's a good thing I went into banking....

Arizona Centennial 2-14-2012

And, just to go along with the Arizona theme, I found this wonderful excerpt from the book "Cowboy Ethics" that seems a good code for just about anyone!


Last but not least, here are my recent projects. As you can see, I have been on an earring jag. The middle set is part of the Go for Baroque kit by Melanie Potter, mentioned in my last post.


1 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Happy Birthday Arizona, the cake looks good Paula.
Love the earrings!
Therese

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads