Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hair Beadies

It all started with a search for a beaded poinsettia pattern. After spending more money than I wanted on a couple patterns that missed the mark, I happened to read about The Beaded Garden by Diane Fitzgerald. I ordered the book and it is terrific. Not only did I learn enough to complete the poinsettia, I was inspired to make these hair beadies for my nieces, Mary Grace and Josie. I made the flowerettes according to Diane's directions but fixed them on a circular piece of bead embroidery backing and sewed the backing to a hair clip. My sister-in-law, Pam, thought they would be great in school colors. In keeping with my poinsettia search, I thought they would be great in holiday colors. The options are endless!

Hair Beadies for Mary Grace and Josie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads