Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Bead Frenzy

A holiday added to the week-end and few personal obligations make the perfect ingredients for a beading frenzy. Like most beaders, I have a stack of patterns lying in wait for just an occasion. And the following earring pattern from Bead&Button Magazine has been calling to me. The pattern name is Lemon Squeezy by Jane Danley. I guess the name came from the golden rivoli used in the pattern but I substituted blue to come up with my version. I thought these would be really pretty in holiday colors - red and white or silver or even red and green.


And, yes, it is time to think about the holidays even though they are six months away -- especially if you are planning to make gifts or ornaments. In fact, I learned that I will be teaching a class at Paradise Valley Community College this Fall and we will be making the Sandra Halpenny snowflake pattern featured in my holiday post from last year. Take a look!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Cave Creek Beads